The 3rd Graphic Shakespeare Competition calls all artists, illustrators, art student, designers to participate.
- May 31, 2020: submission deadline.
- Results to be announced by the late July, 2020.
- 5-7 November 2020: ceremony for the winners at the 4th Conference of Asian Shakespeare Association (Sejong University, Seoul, South Korea).
- Entrants are to choose the work / scenes on your own.
- Please draw / adapt them in 1 to 8 pages.
- Please indicate on which work / scenes your work is based on.
- You can give your work in Shakespeare’s original English, modernized version, or any language you choose (in this case, please provide simple explanation in English), or you can do without words so far as your images can tell the story.
- All ages and abilities can enter the competition from professional artists to newcomers.
- The style could be in graphic novel style, American comics style, manga, four-panel, bande dessinee, or illustration, as you choose.
- The entries should be submitted digitally --- you can create your work on paper first and then scan it, or you can create your work digitally.
- The entries can be either in black-and-white or in colours.
- Paper size --- A4.
- Please submit your work either a jpg or a pdf 300 dpi --- one page (A5) in 1748px × 2480 px, 2 page spread (A4) in 3496px×2480 px.
- the artwork
- their ability to tell a story through images.
- their creative originality to tell the story that can move the readers
- under 15 years old
- between 15 and 24 years old
- over 25 years old
- I do not draw but I want to make an adaptation of Shakespeare’s story, using simple storyboard style.
Please write to Yukari Yoshihara at [email protected] if you have any questions.